Thursday, March 10, 2011

Does leaving a seat belt locked in drain your battery?

I have a 2005 HYUNDAI Tucson and I am having problems with the battery draining. When I drive the battery light and the brake light flash simultaneously and it has not affected the car until recently I had to get a new battery which I just replaced last May so it has not even been a year yet. I have been reading a lot of complaints about my car and how little things like the radio and leaving the doors unlocked over night can drain the battery. Lately I have been leaving my seat belt buckled even when I am not in the car. This way when I get in the car I can just swing the top part around my chest and leave it off of my waist because it it too much pressure on my stomach. Because I leave it locked all the time I think it was draining my battery. I am not sure if that is the problem so I am wondering if leaving a seat belt buckled at all times can drain a car battery, and specifically this car?

No comments:

Post a Comment