Saturday, March 12, 2011

'99 Volvo S80 w/200k....fix it or sell it? Looking for opinions!?

I have a '99 Volvo S80. Currently it has just a little under 200k on it. The car needs a drivers side ball joint, stabilizer links, probably a wheel bearing on passenger side (possibly a ball joint there also because there is a lot of general rattling going on up front) and it needs tires (but can't do that till I get the suspension stuff taken care of). The tires are about $350-400 and the other stuff easily would come to another $400-500. The moonroof works, some of the time, and the drivers side power window just suddenly started working very slowly so I'm hesitant to even put it down for fear it won't go back up again. Then there is the upcoming (at 205,000 miles) timing belt replacement. And, when you start it up in the morning, there's all kinds of whining noises till it warms up. The car also has a minor crunch on the drivers side front fender. Kelley Blue Book Private Party Value is Fair condition is $2,450. So, my question is.....should I put the money into it or take that cash and whatever I can get out of the car and move on to something else? The car still runs great (well, it goes thru about a quart of oil every 1,000 miles but I'm told that's "typical") and it's zippy and fun to drive. Whattya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment